Hi,

On 01/07/13 17:51, Sawhney, Tarandeep Singh wrote:
Can you please tell me if SKOS can be used in stanbol

Sure, but "can be used" is not very explicit about the actual purpose. Let's go through your concrete questions...

i have a requirement to create a SKOS (taxonomy), and use it to organize
content

No, Stanbol does not offer a SKOS editor. There are many project out there for such need, for instance:

- SKOSjs: http://github.com/tkurz/skosjs
- Protégé: http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/SKOS_Editor

Some more information at: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/SKOS

Also, can you please tell me a bit on how to approach supporting my custom
ontology in stanbol for the purposes of domain entities extraction

Yes, Stanbol does support custom vocabularies for entity recognition:

https://stanbol.apache.org/docs/trunk/customvocabulary.html

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

--