Hi Tarandeep,

I have not noticed your last mail. Let me try to answer

> On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 6:35 PM, Tarandeep Singh, Sawhney <
> tsawh...@innodata.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Rupert and Fabian for your responses.
>>
>> Hi Rupert,
>>
>> Thanks for suggesting workarounds.
>>
>> We have tried all three workarounds but the issue persists. I am sure i am
>> missing something, if you can please review below findings will help us
>> identify gaps in our approach.
>> *
>> *
>> *"1. reduce the size of the configuration (e.g. by removing comment
>> lines from the field mappings)"*
>>
>> We are configuring EntityHubLinking engine and we dont see any comments as
>> it is present while configuring ReferenceSite.

In this case this workaround will not work for you.

>> *"2. configure the Site using the configuration file located in
>> "stanbol/fileinstall". Make sure that changes to the file confirm to
>> the syntax required by the *.config files"
>> *
>>
>> We tried configuring EntityHubLinking engine by editing "*
>> org.apache.stanbol.enhancer.engines.entityhublinking.EntityhubLinkingEngine.org.apache.stanbol.enhancer.engines.entityhublinking.EntityhubLinkingEngine.f7141185-9fe8-4ab9-ad05-fa4988399694
>> .config" *file located under "*stanbol/fileinstall*" folder. We added
>> fields value under "*enhancer.engines.linking.dereferenceFields*"*
>> *property.

This should work. Normally when I change a configuration file, I do
rename them to

    {component}-{name}.config

in this case

org.apache.stanbol.enhancer.engines.entityhublinking.EntityhubLinkingEngine-{name}.config

where {name} is a human readable name for your configuration.

This makes it easier to manage configurations, but it is completely
optional. So it will not solve any problem that persists.

>> But this didn't result in we getting more information for additional fields
>> in derefrenced entities.

Are you sure that the configuration has not worked. It might also be
the case, that the ReferencedSite does not contain the properties you
have configured.
You should validate about the Configuration of the Service. You can
see the configuration e.g. in the Component tab of the Felix
WebConsole (http://localhost:8080/system/console/components) when you
go to the detailed view (by clicking on your component).

>> Do i need to restart stanbol server after editing *.config files ?
>> The catch here is on our OS, felix configurations doesnt persist after
>> restarting stanbol.

When you change the contents of the .config file you need not to
restart Stanbol. Changes should be applied within 5sec after you saved
the changes to disc. If you change the name you should stop Stanbol
first and rename the file afterwards.

>> *"3. running Stanbol as WAR within a Tomcat. In Tomcat you can configure
>> the headerBufferSize like explained in [3]"
>> *
>>
>> We added stanbol.war to tomcat, however it is throwing an exception on
>> opening Felix console. Following is exception stack trace

I never had this, but a search on the stanbol-dev list returned [1].
This should help you in resolving this issue

best
Rupert

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/stanbol-dev/201212.mbox/%3ccajyfsyqvegk8oef-ymhevekwxuspz3yfzstal08gpu8g4b3...@mail.gmail.com%3E