Hi Chalitha,

Thanks for coming back to Stanbol after GSoC!! I have in my TODO list to deeply
review the code and merge it into Stanbol. If you are planning to make more
improvements, we can leave for now in a branch that can be included in the
trunk when it will be mature enough.

Using the project outcome as baseline, I can suggest a first list of possible
improvements:

1. Extend Aida-Light for supporting others datasets. We would need to check how
much the disambiguation algorithms are coupled with the information provided by
YAGO and try to convert them to a generic approach.

2. Current Aida-Light architecture. Currently, all the data is preloaded in
memory forcing the user to use a high profiled machines. We have discussed this
several times, but maybe it is moment to finally decide on a proper backend
strategy for supporting disambiguation. Probably current Yards are not
enough/valid.

3. Stanbol Disambiguation API. Another (almost) eternal discussion. Can we
design an extensible API for supporting different disambiguation approaches?

I will start by creating the branch ASAP Chalitha. Thanks!!

Cheers,
Rafa
En 23 de octubre de 2014 en 9:28:35, chalitha udara Perera
(chalithaud...@gmail.com) escrito:

Hi all,

As you know, For GSOC I have integrated YAGO
knowledge base and Aida-light disambiguation server
with Stanbol. But there are many improvements that can be
applied to current disambiguation engine. For example current
engine only works with YAGO site, but it would be more useful
if it support other sites such as dbpedia.

I would like to continue contributing to Stanbol.
As mentioned above I can start with making disambiguation
engine to used with dbpedia entities. What you guys think ?
Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

cheers,
Chalitha
--
J.M Chalitha Udara Perera

*Department of Computer Science and Engineering,*
*University of Moratuwa,*
*Sri Lanka*