Eric Lemings wrote:
[...]
STDCXX-708 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-708>
Each line should be indented by a single TAB. The issue URL
shouldn't be here.

Why not?

Because we don't put it there. There's a documented convention
that we follow (see below). It says nothing about any link. I
don't think we need the link but if you'd like to change the
convention feel free to write up a proposal.

http://stdcxx.apache.org/bugs.html#patch_format

* tests/support/18.numeric.special.float.cpp:
The names of the function you changed should be listed in
parentheses, like so:

        * tests/support/18.numeric.special.float.cpp
        (limits_values::has_denorm): ...

How do you specify partial function template specializations?

There's no such thing.

The point of the function names in the parentheses is to
help people find the changes that they might be interested
in without having to scan the whole diff. It's a judgment
call how accurately the name should identify the exact
specific function among a set of overloads or some such
ambiguities.

Most (probably all) of the GNU ChangeLog conventions were written for
C and don't translate to more advanced C++ features very well.  Not
to say that we couldn't tailor them; just need to have them in
writing somewhere.

If your changes are conditional (i.e., based on some preprocessor
macro), you should list the conditional in square brackets before
the list of the functions it applies to, e.g.,

        * tests/support/18.numeric.special.float.cpp
        [_AIX || __hpux] (limits_values::has_denorm): ...

I don't recall seeing this convention in the GNU docs anywhere.

It's described in the GNU coding standars:
http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/Conditional-Changes.html#Conditional-Changes

Martin