I don't use Emacs.

> You can see examples of correctly formatted entries in
> the ChangeLog file:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/stdcxx/trunk/ChangeLog
> for examples.
>
> > Log:
> > Tue Apr  1 16:28:22 UTC 2008    Eric Lemings
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> The date format is YYYY-MM-DD.
>

> > STDCXX-708 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-708>
>
> Each line should be indented by a single TAB. The issue URL
> shouldn't be here.

Why not?

> > * tests/support/18.numeric.special.float.cpp:
>
> The names of the function you changed should be listed in
> parentheses, like so:
>
>       * tests/support/18.numeric.special.float.cpp
>       (limits_values::has_denorm): ...

How do you specify partial function template specializations?

Most (probably all) of the GNU ChangeLog conventions were written for
C and don't translate to more advanced C++ features very well.  Not
to say that we couldn't tailor them; just need to have them in
writing somewhere.

> If your changes are conditional (i.e., based on some preprocessor
> macro), you should list the conditional in square brackets before
> the list of the functions it applies to, e.g.,
>
>       * tests/support/18.numeric.special.float.cpp
>       [_AIX || __hpux] (limits_values::has_denorm): ...

I don't recall seeing this convention in the GNU docs anywhere.

> You can correct this Change Log entry via the svn propedit
> command, like so:
>
> svn propedit svn:log --revprop -r643473 \
>      https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/stdcxx

Fixed.

BTW, are these ChangeLogs parsed by any tools (other than Emacs)?

Also, I have another great idea.  Tweak the Subversion checkin command
so that it automatically provides a GNU ChangeLog template format as
the default change description.  That would save us a lot of time
putting change descriptions in the right format (and telling others to
do the same).  :)

Brad.