That was it.  I must have been testing a previous release candidate.
In the test that I just did on Solaris, I found only the link error
for the 26.valarray.binary.stdcxx-237 test that is being reported in
the nightly test results.

http://people.apache.org/~sebor/stdcxx/results/builds/solaris-10-sparc-s
unpro-5.9.html

Brad.