>Travis Vitek wrote:
>

>>Eric Lemings wrote:
>>
>>Well I see one small problem already for which there is
>>already a workaround.  The BUILDDIR variable is assigned a
>>value in makefile.in but it isn't set in the -install_name
>>option when linking the library for some odd reason.  In this
>>case, the 4.2.0 workaround -- already documented I believe --
>>using DYDLD_LIBRARY_PATH is needed.

I didn't see that this was documented anywhere, but I did find some
conversation on the topic in the archives. You can peruse that thread
here [http://tinyurl.com/4saetr].

It looks like the original issue was never resolved. It seems to me that
Martin is right, the build/test infrastructure should be setting
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH for shared builds just as it does for LD_LIBRARY_PATH
on other platforms.