On 09/20/2010 06:46 AM, Wojciech Meyer wrote:
Hi,

We are trying to cross compile stdcxx library. The problem we are facing

is that there is no way of telling stdcxx build system, that we don't

want to run configuration files created by configuration step by build

system directly on a host system (through a shell).

For instance, this command (taken from log):

./UNISTD_DECL

invoked during configuration process runs natively the executable through

a shell.

Yes, the configure machinery wasn't design with cross compilation
in mind. We could probably eliminate some, even may, of the runtime
tests and replace with them compilation (plus linking) only tests.
Besides making cross compilation easier, doing so would also speed
up the configuration process.

However we want to be able to run it on an emulator like this:

<path to our emulator> UNISTD_DECL

This command will run the UNISTD_DECL through an emulator.

The patch we are proposing, is to introduce a new Makefile variable, called

EXEC_RUNNER, which allows us to do it.

EXEC_RUNNER defaults to "/bin/sh -c". so it does not interfere with

the rest of build process (at least on Unix/MSys/Cygwin environment,

pure Win32 platform has completely separate build system).

This makes sense to me.

Patch is against `trunk'.

I don't see the patch. If you attached it, I suspect it got stripped
by ezmlm. That tends to happen when using Outlook. Other email clients
don't have the problem. If you continue to be unable to attach patches
to your posts a (less preferable, IMO) alternative is to attach them
to the Jira issue.

Martin

TIA

Wojciech