Hi Martin,

> Yes, the configure machinery wasn't design with cross compilation
> in mind. We could probably eliminate some, even may, of the runtime
> tests and replace with them compilation (plus linking) only tests.
> Besides making cross compilation easier, doing so would also speed
> up the configuration process.

Yes, the configuration time is kind of bottleneck now.  It happens now,
(Windows Cygwin build, with a compiler wrapped with a script to convert
Cygwin style paths to Windows on VMware) to take I think about 20 sec
for each file. It is not that dramatic when you use native gcc for
instance, but in this case it is unbearable. Spawning a model for each
configuration script is also quite time consuming.  However, despite
that I like the stdcxx build system (but I will not say replacing with
something different is bad idea, just I don't have major problems with
it).

> I don't see the patch. If you attached it, I suspect it got stripped
> by ezmlm. That tends to happen when using Outlook. Other email clients
> don't have the problem. If you continue to be unable to attach patches
> to your posts a (less preferable, IMO) alternative is to attach them
> to the Jira issue.

Yes, I attached it, it seems to got lost (I am forced to use Outlook
here not my favourite MUA Gnus :) ).

> Martin

Thanks,
Wojciech

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
medium.  Thank you.