On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 12:03, William A. Rowe Jr. <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
Fans and contributors,

it appears that the stdcxx project is entirely dormant.  The ASF has
launched a new 'Attic' project over the past two years, to neatly
retire dormant works until and unless a community comes along who
wishes to revive the effort.

As a simple formality your votes please;

 [X ] -1 - No, stdcxx should not fold, I am still contributing, and
        [would serve|am serving] on its project management committee

 The results of this vote will be taken up by the ASF Board of Directors
 at their 15 Feb meeting.

I maintain/enahnce stdcxx on Solaris 10 and 11 and Linux at Oracle
(with the Sun Studio compilers). I also test with gcc on the same
platforms (although we do not publish stdcxx for gcc).

stdcxx on Solaris is a long-term commitment on Oracle's part. It will
be available and maintained in Solaris for a long time to come. It
would be very sad for such a nice implementation of C++2003 to be
retired and left to gather dust.

--Stefan

--
Stefan Teleman