On May 16, 2012, at 1:00 PM, Stefan Teleman wrote:

> On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 12:15 PM, Travis Vitek
> <travis.vi...@roguewave.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 5:47 AM, Stefan Teleman <stefan.tele...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I am going to ask the following questions in the open. Perhaps this
>>> way I will get an answer:
>>>
>>> 1. Apparently, "Bill's emails" were sent and replied to on the private
>>> list. I have not received any of them, although I am on the private
>>> list. Or at least, I was on the private list as recently as late
>>> March. Is this a case of mailing list malfunction? If that is the
>>> case, it should be fixed.
>>
>> The e-mails regarding the ICLAs were sent to the @private list on 5/1.
>
> Well, yes I got that. My problem is that I no longer receive emails
> from @private. I used to, until about end of March/first week of
> April. I even sent a bunch of emails to @private. If this is a
> PMC".  So, here I am, contacting the stdcxx PMC about @private. I
> would appreciate an answer.

I defer to Bill (Bill Rowe, that is) regarding whether he is willing
to share his emails.

>>> 3. There was a recent and important PMC change at stdcxx.
>>> Congratulations to Jim Jagielski for his new role as PMC Chair. Again,
>>> I learned of this change yesterday, and that only from Jim's email. I
>>> haven't received any notification about Jim's appointment prior to
>>> yesterday, although, to be fair, I knew about it at the beginning of
>>> May, because I read the ASF Board Minutes. Again, why wasn't there any
>>> notification of this change?
>>
>> I read about it in the e-mail entitled 'ASF Board Meeting Summary - April
>> 18, 2012'. I don't normally read the meeting minutes, but I figured
>> something was coming given the kerfuffle over the lack of a March status
>> report (all of which was discussed on the @private list).
>
> Yes, I think that's how I learned about it too. But I generally don't
> read Board Minutes, so the fact that I learned about this change was
> entirely by accident.

Doug submitted his notice to the PMC directly. In general, the
Chair is a PMC-related issue and should have no impact on the
dev community at all.