On 08/31/12 08:58, "C. Bergström" wrote:
On 08/31/12 07:40 PM, Liviu Nicoara wrote:
Please correct me if I am wrong.

I have seen two forks on github, one belonging to C. Bergstrom/Pathscale and
the other to Stefan Teleman.

The first one contains a number of genuine code changes outside the Apache
repository, but without canonical and meaningful commit comments, and without
accompanying test cases.
We can help clean this up if it makes a real difference
Some carry what seem to be bug id's from a private bug database. Some of the
changes, e.g., 84d01405124b8c08bb43fdc3755ada2592449727
iirc we renamed the files because of some problem with cmake - it was trying to
compile those files instead of treating them like headers.
, fa9a45fb36e45b71ba6b4ae93b50bd6679549420, seem odd.
I forget why we did this tbh - I'll try to get an answer in case it comes up
again as a question
Are you guys dropping support for any  platforms?
Not intentionally - We are using/testing this on Solaris, FBSD and Linux - We
may add OSX/Win to that list soon, but I can't promise at this point.  For
targets we only are able to test x86 and x86_64

Hi Christopher,

I finished looking though the github changes. If you are interested in
contributing some of those changes back, as complete patches [1], I would
volunteer my time to promptly review them and work with you to get them in, as
needed.

In the meantime, if you will, could you please elaborate on the two changes
mentioned above? The first one changes the traditional file extension on the
template implementation files, the second affects the library building on
platforms like I mentioned in another post. AFAIK STDCXX does not implement or
follow Boost conventions and/or library file structure.

HTH.

Thanks!

Liviu

[1] http://stdcxx.apache.org/bugs.html#patch_format