Github user miguno commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/429#issuecomment-74927415

    @nathanmarz Thanks for the detailed feedback on the max-retries issue.  As
Bobby suggested, would you mind if we decouple the work on max-retries (tracked
at STORM-677) from this pull request / STORM-329?  The max-retries issue has
been a problem in Storm for a while, since before this pull request.
Decoupling would also help us with backtracking any future issues to either
ticket.  Right now, I feel there's almost too much meat in this pull request
already (as we kinda covered STORM-329, STORM-404, and STORM-510 in one big
swing).

    Would that be ok for you?