Have you seen this
http://yahoohadoop.tumblr.com/post/122544585051/apache-storm-roadmap-at-yah
oo ? Or if you still have doubts just look at the last beta release which
happened less than a month ago.
https://storm.apache.org/2015/06/15/storm0100-beta-released.html.

Such baseless rumors are generally started from marketing/sales people
from competition but lately I have also seen fellow developers doing this
which is disheartening to say the least.
If you can share with us(in a private Email is fine) who said this and
where we can talk to them and educate them about the hard work, we as a
community are putting in to make the best stream processing framework even
better.

Thanks
Parth