Github user hmcl commented on the issue:

    @nabhanelrahman your patch enlightened that it would be better to add the
`emit` and `getOutputFields` methods to `KafkaSpoutStream`. Furthermore, there
were a couple of design decisions that would be ideal to do at this point in
order to reuse code, and keep it clean and modular. Since it would be too
verbose to go over those discussions in here, I just created a pull request
with the changes that I believe are adequate to address the wildcard topic
pattern requirement. This is the pull request:

    Although I had this in my todo list, since you already worked on it, it's
totally fine for you to get the credit for it. Hence feel free to assign the
JIRA to you, and recommit the PR with your username. Please mention that we
worked on this together, and it's all good. Thanks for your understanding.