Github user HeartSaVioR commented on the issue:

    @revans2
    If we can guarantee that leader nimbus has all topologies code, leader
nimbus can function well. Old code is based on this assumption, not considering
followers and also not about code distribution. It should be eventually
distributed since each nimbus runs sync-code / sync-blob periodically to try to
sync up.

    In leader nimbus' point of view I think old code is consistent, and this
code is trying to have same guarantee.