Github user hmcl commented on the issue:

    @srdo @jfenc91 I am on vacation this week (with limited access to Internet)
and I will be back on Monday. **Can we please holding on merging this until I
can finish my review on Monday**. I implemented the original patch, and would
like to review these changes.Thanks.

    I am still a bit confused about the duplicated acking tuples. If that is
the case, that could be a possible storm guarantees problem, which should be
fixed at its root cause, and not worked around in spout code. Furthermore, from
what I understand, as far as the findNextOffset method behavior, the duplicate
acking should be irrelevant, because once all the tuples up to a certain offset
have been acked, they will be committed in the next commit call. For example
let's say `1,2,3,4,5, 8,9,10` have acked, on the next commit call, `1,2,3,4,5`
should be committed, but `8,9,10` won't be until `6,7` get acked. If `6,7`
never get acked, say (retry forever scenario), then the desired behavior is
that `8,9,10` never get committed. @jfenc91 Can you help me understand how does
the duplicate acking interfere in this scenario, and how?