blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px
#715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white
!important; }  Sounds great S G. Thanks for pointers Jungtaek.
We were approached by a group of students from the University of Illinois who
are working on an open source class this semester. We proposed revamping stats
to them as a project. They'll focus will be more along the lines of getting the
out of the box metrics to work using rocks db initially, then move to remove
stats from zookeeper if they have time. The idea being to make meaningful steps
towards a new metrics system or parts of it. Getting help, direction, and
working with the community is exactly the type of experience they were hoping
to get.
I am spending time looking at the two metrics systems in storm today, jstorm's
approach, and anything else I can get my hands on. I'm going to help mentor the
group with the help of others at Yahoo. So I also volunteer for this task.
Thanks,
Alessandro

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone