Github user adityasharad commented on the issue:

    @jerrypeng: as @revans2 says the existing comparator logic was incorrect,
so I put it back in a way that seemed consistent with the intent. I see that my
changes make the `sortNeighbours` and `sortConnections` methods use opposite
comparison logic -- if you think these should be identical then I am happy to
make them match.

    @HeartSaVioR I will port this to the 1.x branch.