Github user roshannaik commented on the issue:

    @HeartSaVioR the current master clocks little over 3 mill/sec  for the
ConstSpoutNullBolt Topo without ACKing.  On the latency end, with ACK enabled i
saw numbers in multiple *seconds* with batchSz=1 for master and touching as low
 ~30 microseconds with the new patch.

    More analysis?  I thought I might have spent too much time providing
measurements of various kinds, both in the design docs and here. :-)

    Actually I have only presented a few pruned down numbers that I felt were
interesting, in which case I was a bit meticulous to record the numbers. Given
the scope of this patch, meticulously recording and cataloging all the perf
tests that I have done (both high level profiler data & low level hardware perf
counters) and performing the many more tests that I could have done, will take
forever. I felt, ROI was -ve to rigorously pursue some of those measurements
any further.

    If you feel some other critical measurements are necessary, bring it up.

    Batching is a small aspect of this patch. I had done some quick tests to
determine a default that appears to be a modest sweetspot for high throughput
low latency topos, but not enough to provide a rigorous analysis. As batch size
is very dependent on topology components, deployment size and ack-mode, IMO the
search for a more generally optimal batch size is not important right now.

    I think we will have more publish worthy analysis once these changes
stabilize and get more testing.

    On a related note, about latency and ACK-mode, during my recent
measurements, I noticed an issue in ACK mode, both in current master and
optimized version, perf degrades with time (for certain batch sizes)...
Something I had not noticed on the old version of master on which I had based
my changes for a long time. I will share these observations soon.
    This needs to be looked into before we have an official release.