Github user ptgoetz commented on the issue:

    @HeartSaVioR

    > We need to document how to use new metrics and its reporter, and also
need to have patch for master branch (maybe with removal of metrics V1 public
API).

    As I mentioned elsewhere, I want to hold off on porting this to the master
branch until all comments are addressed and this patch is in a mergeable state.
That way we can avoid porting small changes between the two branches.

    As far as deprecating/removing the metrics v1 API, I'd hold off until there
is a consensus that this approach is a suitable replacement for most use cases.