Sounds good to me. The list in JIRA also looks fine to me.

It might make sense to get https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/2443 in
before doing https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-2972, so the first
might effectively block removing storm-kafka.

I think even if we can't remove everything listed in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-2947, it would be good to
delete as much as possible before releasing 2.0.0. I might take a look at
it soon, unless you're already working on it.