Hi all,

I have created a pull request to upgrade Zookeeper to 3.5.9, which
fixes STORM-3817:

If someone can have a look and merge this one, I would be very happy.

In addition, I was thinking about an upgrade to 3.6.x or 3.7.x but
"curator-4.3.0" depends on 3.5.x - this lead to some weird behaviour in the
unit tests. Guess it is related to a incompatible curator / zookeeper
combination 4.3.x vs. 3.7.x (3.6.x) combination.

Upgrading curator to 5.x breaks exhibitor support and I don't know, if
this is a commonly used and required feature. Therefore, I stick to
zookeeper 3.5.9 as this fixes the problem reported in STORM-3817.

As a newbie to Storm dev, I had some issues in setting up and running
the build in an Ubuntu 20.04 desktop environment. Documentation is a
bit outdated / tricky in this regard. If appreciated, I could
contribute some documentation enhancements to get it back up on track.

In the end I relied on an Ubuntu 16.04 server VM and used the build
scripts targeting Travis CI to conduct a full build and to get some
feedback on my changes. Build passed. It also passes for the Travis
CI: https://github.com/apache/storm/runs/4790137021

Gruß
Richard