Hi all,

our survey is closed and here are the results. We only have a sample
size of n=11, which isn't great but somehow represents the current
state of Storm (just revived from the Attic).

You find the results here: [1] (csv + image). User comments are also
added to the gist.

We had some votes from people, who aren't using Storm at the moment and
just need a technical comparison between Storm, Flink and Spark to
decide, which one to use. Therefore, it seems, that they marked every
module as "must have" ;-) - as a take-a-way: it might be good to
provide such comparison on our website.

We should discuss, which modules are worth being kept in the main
repository and which modules can be extracted (for example into a
"storm-external" repository).

Due to the tight coupling for security (in the UI), we need to keep the
hadoop-related stuff. Kafka things are also a thing, it seems.

Some of the moduels are used by (new) PMC members, so they might have
the energy to start an update initiative on these modules.

Happy to hear your thoughts!

Gruß
Richard

[1] https://gist.github.com/rzo1/2a1d20acfc20da050ea515770c6606df