Hi Priya,

Having fully configured cartridge of generic cartridge does not depends on
underlying IAAS.
Fully configured cartridge is you pack all the thing inside the cartridge
at cartridge creating time. The advantage is the packs are already inside
the cartridge, so no need to download from puppet master after the instance
is created. The disadvantage is you have to create a cartridge for each and
every service type (php, mysql, tomcat etc...). On the other hand in
generic cartridge down not have the packs pre packed. Packs are downloaded
after the instance is created. It may take some time which make this not a
good option for a slow network environment. But the advantage is, you can
use the same cartridge for every service type. No need to create cartridge
for every service type as in fully configured cartridge.
So even in GCE you can use any method.

--

Udara Liyanage
Software Engineer