Hi,

IMO, we should go puppet based cartridge deployment well as full docker
based one. I used full docker based PHP and MySQL cartridges demo in my
Cloudopen conference talk [1][2]. I have setup Stratos on Virtual box
machine and used OpenStack Havana with docker driver. What I experience
spin a docker cartridge take only 3,4 second. But Stratos agent took around
20 or more sec. I think with the python cartridge agent we can improve it.

I have puppet based method with docker and it took around a minute even to
tomcat cartridge with all software locally hosted. But if some one invest
more on puppet modules, they can go with that model.

[1]http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/cloudopen-north-america
[2]
http://www.slideshare.net/lakwarus/building-a-dev-ops-paas-with-puppet-docker-openstack-and-apache-stratos

--