Hi Devs,

The purpose of this thread is to discuss $subject.

I listed down some of the Tasks that we need for the initial milestone of
Service Grouping:

Stratos Manager Rest API Support for Composite Applications)
- Deploying Group Definitions
- Deploying Compoite App Definitions
- Listing Deployed Composite Apps
- Exposing Composite App's instance informationPersist Group Definitions in
CC- Validate the Group Definition (check if any cartridges and/or sub
groups referred are already deployed)
- Persist the Group Definition deployed in CCParse the Application
Definition in CC and update Topology- Generate a unique key for the app
- Parse app definition
- Update topology
- Send Application Created event (with Subcription data)Create and Persist
Composite Application Subscriptions in SM from the Topology after the
ApplicationCreatedEvent- Create Composite Subscriptions (can extend the
current Subscription model) with the help of information sent using the
Application Create Event and meta data service (if required)
- Persist them in SMPayloads and information sharing for the composite app
model(Using metadata service)- Building initial payload with required
initial amount of info
- Specifying the information each member should expose/query (to get
information about dependents), using the meta data serviceMeta Data Service
Improvements- Improve the meta data service to put and get informations,
with support for getting dependent information for GroupingGeneric Meta
Data Client Component- A separate component to interact with the meta data
serviceAutoscaler acting upon Application Created event- Create App Monitor
and Group Monitor(s)
- Create the Cluster Monitors
- Asking to spawn instances in the relevant order for the clusterCartridge
Agent to support with Composite App events- Includes app and group as the
reference along with clusters
Please add anything that you think should come under M1. We can use the
same thread to keep track of progress as well.

--
Thanks and Regards,

Isuru H.
+94 716 358 048* <http://wso2.com/>*