Hi,

On Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 11:34 AM, Lakmal Warusawithana <lak...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 11:32 AM, Lakmal Warusawithana <lak...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 11:10 AM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm testing the Kubernetes work flow with service grouping functionality
>>> now.
>>> Found an issue where Autoscaler tries to find a deployment policy while
>>> deploying the application definition.
>>>

>> I have an idea, how we can use deployment policies in container(docker)
>> case also. (which we currently not supported.) This is mainly two reasons,
>> 1 is use same model for both docker and VM based deployment and secondly
>> introduce deployment policies into docker case.
>>
>> In docker scenario:
>> Currently we are use auto scaling policies and in the subscription json
>> we are mentioning the kub cluster need to use in deploying. IMO, we can
>> simple use deployment policy for defining kub cluster(s) and min/max
>> replicas for a kub cluster. We can consider kub cluster as like a NT
>> partition in VM case.
>>
>> WDYT? Shall we go for that?
>>

> And why this is important, when you are comes to group wise scaling, it is
> only support if an only has partitions. So with this case we should
> consider kub cluster as one partition and another kub cluster as another
> partition and make them define in the deployment policy.

Can a service cluster(say php cluster) span across two partitions(in other
words two kub cluster)? I guess kubernetes can manage their containers
within a kub cluster, not between kub clusters? For example, if we say we
need 3 replicas, it can ensure there are 3 replicas in one kub cluster. It
can't manage 3 replicas within two kub cluster. Am I missing something here?

Thanks.

Raj