Please find the code segment as below:

public int getNumberOfInstancesRequiredBasedOnMemoryConsumption(float
threshold, double predictedValue,
                                                                    int
max, int min) {
        double numberOfAdditionalInstancesRequired = 0;
        if(predictedValue != threshold) {

            float scalingRange = 100 - threshold;
            int instanceRange = max - min;

          *  if(instanceRange != 0){*

                float gradient = scalingRange / instanceRange;
                numberOfAdditionalInstancesRequired = (predictedValue -
threshold) / gradient;
            }
        }
        return (int) Math.ceil(min + numberOfAdditionalInstancesRequired);
    }

--
Reka Thirunavukkarasu
Senior Software Engineer,