I don't know if it works for Python, but there are some minimalistic docker
images for Java: e.g.
https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/errordeveloper/oracle-jre/dockerfile/

Paul

On 25 December 2014 at 19:09, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> I did some analysis on the docker base image we have created and found
> that it's size is around 453.6 MB.
>
> This image has been created using Ubuntu 14.04 docker image, which is
> 192.7 MB, which means that we have added additional 260.9 MB by installing
> python cartridge agent and its dependencies. IMO we need to optimize this.
>
> We could use Debian 7.7 instead of Ubuntu 14.04 so that the parent image
> size would be 85.1 M and Stratos base image would be 369 M. This reduces
> nearly 84.6 MB from the Stratos base image.
>
> We could also check the dependencies we have added here [1], are we using
> all of them?
>
> RUN apt-get install -y git python python-pip python-dev gcc
> RUN pip install paho-mqtt
> RUN pip install GitPython==0.3.1-beta2
> RUN pip install psutil
> RUN pip install gittle
> RUN pip install pexpect
>
> [1] https://github.com/chamilad/stratos-dockerfiles/tree/old-format
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Imesh Gunaratne
>
> Technical Lead, WSO2

Paul Fremantle
CTO and Co-Founder, WSO2
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair, Apache Member

UK: +44 207 096 0336

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
twitter.com/pzfreo
p...@wso2.com

wso2.com Lean Enterprise Middleware

Disclaimer: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information and is intended exclusively for the addressee/s. If you are not
the intended recipient/s, or believe that you may have received this
communication in error, please reply to the sender indicating that fact and
delete the copy you received and in addition, you should not print, copy,
retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information contained in this
communication. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely,
secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions.