Hi Isuru,

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 4:36 PM, Isuru Haththotuwa <isu...@apache.org>
wrote:

> IMHO we should expose whatever information we can from the Rest API, since
> its the interaction point with Stratos. In a scenario where a third party
> would need to integrate with Stratos via the Rest API it will be helpful if
> Rest API provides such detailed information. Even when a user is using the
> CLI or the UI, IMHO its meaningful to let the user know what exactly went
> wrong. Just my two cents. If the community agrees, I'm ok with using 500
> Internal Server error here.

Yes, there should be enough information for a user to figure out what went
wrong. However it is also important to keep the expected response range to
a manageable level, so that the API users will be able to manage what
Error is descriptive enough. Additionally we will be passing a fault string
in the content body, which will help the user to understand what went
wrong. Other than that, since most faults which fall in to this category
cannot be remedied by a client, IMO we don't need that level of
granularity.

Regards,
Chamila de Alwis
Software Engineer | WSO2 | +94772207163