Hi Devs,

I started looking in to $subject. Please find the initial findings:

    *Application Name*

*Proposed New Name (if required)*

*Comments*

*Can Remove?*

single-cartridge

single-cartridge-app

-

   tomcat

-

duplicate single cartridge app, can be removed

Yes

single-group-cartridge

single-group-app

-

   single-group-v3

  only difference is from single-group-cartridge is there are multiple
group instances, should remove IMO

Yes

nested-group

single-level-nested-group-app

-

   nested-group-v2

  only difference with nested-group is there are multiple groups nested at
level1; can either remove, or else can rename to
single-level-nested-groups-app

Yes

complex-app

single-level-nested-groups-app

-

   wordpress

wordpress-app

-

   wordpress-extended-v1

-

in addition to wordpress sample, an additional tomcat cartridge in included
in this app, can remove IMO

Yes

wordpress-extended-v2

-

in addition to wordpress sample, an additional tomcat cartridge in included
in this app and min group instance count is 2, can remove IMO

Yes

group-cartridges

-

redundant, can be removed

Yes

n-level-nesting

five-levels-nested-groups-app

this is an extreme scenario for even a complex app

   esb-php-nested-with-esb-php-nested-with-mysql-php-app

  Does this app has any real use case? If not, can remove.

   single-group-v1

-

Redundant, can be removed

Yes

single-group-v2

-

Redundant, can be removed

Yes

more-complex-app

-

Redundant, can be removed

Yes

I'm yet to look in to the scaling related samples.

Furthermore, IMHO we can re-organize the the samples using a directory
structure as shown below:

applications
       -- simple (this will carry single cartridge apps, and apps with non
nested groups)
       -- nested (complex apps with nested groups)
       -- scaling (group/dependency scaling, bursting and similar apps with
special patterns)

Please share your thoughts on this.

--
Thanks and Regards,