+1 for using JPA. I think we can use Apache OpenJPA. I have used both
Hibernate and OpenJPA. Both are excellent projects. Due to license issues,
we may not be able to use Hibernate.

I don't know much about other projects mentioned here. We must select a
project implementing the Java Persistence specification.

Thanks!

--
Isuru Perera
Associate Technical Lead | WSO2, Inc. | http://wso2.com/