Hi Jane,

Spring Data JPA is just helping you to implement data access layer easily.
You will still have to choose a JPA implementation.

I don't think we can easily use Spring projects with WSO2 Carbon
Components. In the past, we have tried to stay away from using Spring
framework in our code. You can try using Spring Data JPA. I also have
experience using Spring Data JPA and it certainly helps to write code very
efficiently and quickly.

I'm not sure why you say Apache OpenJPA is buggy. It's an active project
and the recently release is on May 5 [1]. It might had many bugs in earlier
releases, but I think we can use latest OpenJPA for Stratos requirements.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

[1] https://github.com/apache/openjpa/releases

>>> [2]http://cayenne.apache.org/