It does make sense since there are powerful widely adopted LBs out there,
some are even open source. But if we drop SLB, we would lose tenant-aware
load balancing which might come handy at some point. It's not easy to
implement tenant aware load-balancing using an external LB with extensions.

Just my thought :)

On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 9:23 AM, Lakmal Warusawithana <lak...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> Since we have very comprehensive LB extension and capable of adding any
> third party LBs, IMO we should not have Stratos specific LB. I'm proposing
> to discontinue Stratos LB after 4.1.0 release.
>
> Thoughts welcome!
>
> thanks
>
> --
> Lakmal Warusawithana
> Vice President, Apache Stratos
> Director - Cloud Architecture; WSO2 Inc.
> Mobile : +94714289692

Akila Ravihansa Perera
Software Engineer, WSO2

Blog: http://ravihansa3000.blogspot.com