Hello all,

     My name is Feng,  I work for Cisco.  Nice to be a new member of the
stratos dev mailing list!

     Want to get some suggestion on a repeated error message we are seeing in
stratos logs,   the log look like this:

TID: [0] [STRATOS] [2015-06-25 09:48:08,424] ERROR
{org.apache.stratos.autoscaler.rule.RuleTasksDelegator} -  Request in flight
threshold is Zero
TID: [0] [STRATOS] [2015-06-25 09:49:08,424] ERROR
{org.apache.stratos.autoscaler.rule.RuleTasksDelegator} -  Request in flight
threshold is Zero
TID: [0] [STRATOS] [2015-06-25 09:50:08,424] ERROR
{org.apache.stratos.autoscaler.rule.RuleTasksDelegator} -  Request in flight
threshold is Zero

It comes up quite often,   and from what we observe it seems not do much harm…
 so can someone explain what is this error and is it really an error?

     Also I did a  little bit of digging inside the code,  the following code
piece looks might be doing the logging:

components/org.apache.stratos.autoscaler/src/main/java/org/apache/stratos/autoscaler/rule/RuleTasksDelegator.java

    publicint getNumberOfInstancesRequiredBasedOnRif(float rifPredictedValue,
float rifThreshold) {

        if (rifThreshold != 0) {

            float requiredNumberOfInstances = rifPredictedValue / rifThreshold;

            return (int) Math.ceil(requiredNumberOfInstances);

        } else {

            log.error("Request in flight threshold is Zero");

            return0;

        }

    }

  Question is,  is it normal for rifThreshold to be 0?    Should we fix this
condition, or if it is not so critical,  would it be proper to lower this error
to like warning?

Thank!

-Feng Zhou