Hi Martin,

I will provide some details according to what i have understood. Please
correct me, if I'm wrong.

A group can consist of different kind of VMs which we called as cartridges
in stratos. In that case, co-located affinity can be provided to VMs which
are part of same group by providing a group level deployment policy. As you
are already aware of, all the VMs which belong to that group will reside in
the same partition where partition can be a host or zone. Apart from that,
if you need to achieve anti-affinity, then you can define another group
with set of other VMs and define deployment policy at the cartridge level.
So that individual VM will be placed by referring to its own deployment
policy rather than looking at the group level policy.

AFAIU, this is the level of Affinity aware VM colocation that we supported
now. Also please note that prior to write such application and cartridge
group definition, the level of affinity among different types of VM has to
be identified and experimented well, since stratos currently doesn't have
the capability of automatically identified the affinity aware colocation
VMs.

If this doesn't fit with what you have asked, can you elaborate more on
your perception of the Affinity aware VM colocation?

Thanks,
Reka

--
Reka Thirunavukkarasu