Hi,

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 2:58 AM, Akila Ravihansa Perera <raviha...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been working on uplifting automation engine framework version to
> latest (v4.4.3) and migrating the existing test cases. I completed this
> task on stratos-4.1.x branch without any issues. But while doing the same
> on master branch I noticed that couple of integration tests have been
> commented out.

When I ran those tests I noticed lot of NPEs in Stratos side when creating
> cluster monitors and tenant isolation related tests were failing too. Not
> sure whether this is a problem with the integration test.

I don't see any commented integration tests in master branch[1].What are
the test cases getting failure?

> While going through the test cases I noticed that existing test cases for
> super admin user have been altered with tenant users. I think we should
> have created separate test cases for tenant isolation rather than modifying
> existing ones. Now the problem is we do not know whether super admin flow
> is broken with tenant isolation.

There won't be a big difference for single tenant applications . So I don't
see specific reason to maintain the separate test cases for super admin.
For the multi tenant applications, we can have separate test cases for
super admin and tenant users.

> I noticed that there are few changes for scaling.drl file between master
> branch and stratos-4.1.x branch. We need to check why those two got
> deviated [1]. Apparently "delegator.delegateSpawn" method signature has
> been changed. Any idea?

This has been changed for the publish health statistics related date
publishing purposes.Those changes are also merged to the master branch also.
@Thanuja, Can you please confirm those

I think we should replace integration tests completely from stratos-4.1.x
> to master and create a separate test class with only tenant isolation
> related assertions. Group scaling, app bursting, termination order, startup
> order should be covered in integration tests for super admin, tenant admins
> and tenant users, regardless of tenant isolation. wdyt?

For multi tenant applications IMO also we may need to introduced seperate
test cases for super admins and tenant. But for single tenant we may don't
need a separate test case. Also please note all the servers running in the
super admin space for all the tenant users.

> [1] https://www.diffnow.com/?report=wqlfa
>
> Thanks.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/stratos/blob/master/products/stratos/modules/integration/src/test/resources/stratos-testing.xml