As per Kubernetes definition I think we are using labels and annotation in
a wrong way.As annotations are arbitrary non-identifying metadata , they
might not shown them in their UI/CLI

I think first we need to recognize what are the identifiers for the pod.In
think we may need to use member id , application id

Also what is the ration behind of using the md5Hex of the member id as a
identifier. IMO we can directly use the member id. As member id is UUID it
won't be more than 63 characters.

Thanks,
Gayan

Gayan Gunarathne