Hi Akila,

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 7:08 PM, Akila Ravihansa Perera <raviha...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi Reka,
>
> Could you please explain the fix that you are planning to do?

I have added only Null check to the places where Application Monitor was
invoked. It is required as in the force undeployment, we are removing all
the monitors without considering the monitor hierarchy.

> While going through the GroupMonitor class, few issues were found related
> to the logic in handling Thread Executors. The problem is when an
> application is undeployed, execution jobs are never stopped from Thread
> Executor service. The jobs will keep running even after application is been
> undeployed. Have we addressed this case in Thread Executors?

This is being handled in the ApplicationBuilder line 427, 302 and 306. We
were stopping the monitor executor service using below code:

/**
     * This will stop the scheduler which is running for the monitor
     */
    protected void stopScheduler() {
        schedulerFuture.cancel(true);
    }

If it is not working properly, then might need to check further on this.
When stopScheduler is invoked, if the thread is started, then we don't have
control over it. It will get executed for that iteration and then only it
will get stopped. I have tried a simple sample with debug logs for monitor.
I couldn't see the monitor thread after undeployment. Has this particular
issue occurred during force undeployment?

> Also monitoringRunnable implementation does not catch any possible
> exceptions. This is the reason why we are seeing NPE's in the console
> output while running integration tests but not seeing them in
> wso2carbon.log. I think we better catch a generic exception in
> monitoringRunnable run method.

+1 for catching generic exception in monitoringRunnable.

Thanks,
Reka