On November 21, 2016 at 2:19:11 PM, Suneel Marthi
(suneel.mar...@gmail.com(mailto:suneel.mar...@gmail.com)) wrote:

> I agree too, I have been playing with Beam for a few months now without a
> runner and the API is still immature, but nevertheless keep it on the radar
> since its gonna be a TLP soon.
>

> From Streams perspective, how do we see the project using Beam (similar to
> Spark/flink now); if so we can preliminary version of Beam support with
> Local Dataflow runner.

Hypothesis expanded:

We could implement all the components in the project (providers, persister, and
processors) directly against
Beam APIs (Source, Sink, DoFn, etc…) and support two primary execution models
for project capabilities:

1) direct instantiation of a single instance of a component, call beam
equivalents of setup, process, teardown yourself. This is common throughout
project unit and integration tests already.
2) compose a beam Pipeline combining Streams and non-Streams components, run
with your preferred beam runner(s).

In this scenario I think streams-runtimes would either go away entirely or only
contain helper methods (no classes with a static main)