> On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 15:54:12 +0000, Robert Leland
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> +1 , 2.3
> +1, 2.4 - Since we seem to take 18mo between releases, (that's
> just the way it is) we may as well go for 2.4.

If anyone has an itch for 2.4, I'd suggest setting up a whiteboard in Contrib and
having at it.

It seems too soon to move the main dev HEAD to 2.3, since so few people are using it
in production (Is anyone here using 2.4 in production?).

Most of the changes in Struts have come from working applications. (Modules and Chains
being the big exceptions.) People take the things they have found useful and donate
them back to the distribution. This not only goes for patches, but for larger
components, like Tiles and the Validator.

But, if we do want a Struts for Servlet 2.4 to be ready to go when everyone is
migrate, you're right, we'd have to start now to have anything ready before 2006 :)

Unless, of course, some young turk comes along and cranks out a working codebase over
a holiday weekend :)