On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 08:07:41 -0500, Joe Germuska <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Here's my +1 for adopting the HTTP server release process, with
> >whatever modifications we deem necessary.
>
> I agree with this.  I believe we should consider anything a release
> which has gone through the release checklist and had a version number
> assigned and a corresponding tag applied to SVN.  This is a purely
> mechanical definition.  Anything else might involve confusion if a
> version number were reused.

I disagree with the idea of calling anything a Release without voting
on it. What led to our change in process was a desire to move to the
Tomcat way of doing things. Mention of the HTTPD way of doing things
came along later. The Tomcat way has us building Test Builds which we
later vote on to decide if it's a Release of any sort. That is the
process that I followed for 1.2.4, and that is the process that I want
to see us adopt. It was actually my understanding that we had already
done so, which is why I've been following it. If the HTTPD process is
different from that, then I am -1 on adopting that process.

--
Martin Cooper