On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 22:39:44 -0700, Martin Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 01:28:29 -0400, Ted Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 20:47:56 -0700, Martin Cooper wrote:
> > > When we first started discussing changes to the way we build and
> > > release Struts, the model that was proposed was the Tomcat model,
> > > and that is still the model I would like to see us follow,
> > > terminology and all.
> >
> > I believe the initial suggestion, way back when, was to use the HTTPD protocol,
> > which people then mentioned was like the Tomcat protocol.
> >

> I don't believe that's correct. Craig brought up the topic, from his
> experience with Tomcat, and specifically suggested that we do things
> the way Tomcat was doing them.

I did indeed propose the Tomcat model, or at least the Tomcat model
that I understood to be working at the time.  More recently, it looks
like there's an informal step of tacit agreement on the dev list that
a new release should be created, with an implicit alpha quality
rating.

I don't care if we go with implicit alpha ratings versus no rating at
all -- indeed that probably makes more sense.  I do care if, for
example, I can go create a "Struts-Faces Integration Library 1.0.1"
release (even if it's labelled as alpha quality) with zero input from
the other committers.  That doesn't seem like something we want to
encourage.

> --
> Martin Cooper

Craig