There's a download module in the struts-examples application. Originally, these
were separate applications demonstrating validation, download, and so forth,
but we merged them early in the 1.2 series. (Mainly so we had a modules
application against which to test changes.) It seems like it would be a simple
matter to extend the existing module to include demonstrations of the
DownloadAction.

Have you looked at doing that, Frank? (I'd give it a shot, but I'm working on
the MailReader-Chain application now.)

As part of the 1.3.x series, I believe both the Examples application and the
original MailReader application are slated to be moved into an "Apps"
subproject, so that they are not part of the core release. I also wouldn't mind
merging Steve Reaburn's Examples application <http://www.ninsky.com/struts/>
with the few we already have.

A serious problem I have when applying patches is that we have too few unit
tests and even fewer coding examples of our own.

-Ted.