> The problem as I discovered is that I can't just call setInput() in
> processValidate() because the configuration is frozen at that point.  And,
> since the RequestProcessor isn't in the same package as ActionConfig (where >
> setInput() is found), I couldn't call setInput() since it's protected.

Sorry, I confused myself there for a minute... setInput() isn't what's
protected. the configured field in ActionConfig is.  What I meant to say was
that I couldn't just set it directly from the request processor, I HAD to use
setInput().  That's the reason for the ACUnfreezer class, that allows me to set
the configured field directly (since there's no unfreeze() method, which makes
sense).