This may have been proposed long ago I don't know, but I will throw it
out there as it just popped into my head.

I agree with those of you who are against POJO's, but I had a thought:

Since Action is used mostly to populate a VO from the Form Bean and
then delegate to some business logic facade (at least that is how I
usually do things) why not create an action that takes a modified
version of a dyna form.  The dyna form instead of "configuring" itself
from the struts-config, configures itself from a VO (I admit I have
not looked at the code for the magic dynaform so I don't know how it
is implemented).  So, a dynaform takes a POJO  classname (or instance,
I haven't decided which would be better) and builds itself by
reflecting over the getters/setters on this object.  Then the Action
just delegates to the facade with the VO it was given.

If this doesn't make sense, let me know and I will elaborate.

>From within the confines of my little world I'm not seeing the
downsides of this, so please feel free to shred my idea into oblivion
;-)

Michael