> Yes he is the original author of Tiles.  There has been much talk of
> pulling Tiles out of Struts but I'm more interested in the "putting it
> into Shale" part.

Dave was the original author of the now removed template tag library.
The Components library, later re-named Tiles was written by Cedric
Dumoulin and was backwards compatible with Dave's template tag library
but I don't believe it shared any code from Dave's template
implementation. I could be mistaken but that was always my
understanding.