Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Struts Wiki" for change
notification.

The following page has been changed by JoeGermuska:
http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsUpgradeNotes12to13

The comment on the change is:
Adapted Frank's comment in an attempt to answer it.

||http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/tags-tiles||http://struts.apache.org/tags-tiles||

  ----
+ Some users who were not using the Struts taglibs or tiles have reported
success with simply "dropping-in" the Struts 1.3 "core" JAR and Commons Chain
1.0.  This is unlikely to work if you have not been keeping up with deprecation
warnings, as many deprecated methods and classes are being completely removed
with the Struts 1.3.0 release.  ('''note:''' we should keep an explicit list,
either here or in the change log)

- Remember to add commons-chain.jar to your WEB-INF/lib directory (or to your
app-accessible classpath otherwise)!  I was able to drop 1.3 into a simple
Struts app that wasn't using any taglibs, EL or Tiles, and the only problem I
had was in forgetting to add commons-chain.jar.  Open question: is this still
required if you DON'T use the ComposableRequestProcessor?
+ Note that even if you explicitly specify in the struts-config.xml that you
want to use the original RequestProcessor rather than the
ComposableRequestProcessor, you still must add Commons Chain to your webapp's
classpath, as the chain initialization code currently lives in the
ActionServlet.  This architecture is open to discussion, but as it is
currently, you need Commons Chain in your webapp even if you don't use the
ComposableRequestProcessor.
+

  ----