Hi James,

I see this as an ongoing task... the types of things that Checkstyle
raises are the types of things that tend to creep in continually, for
various reasons, even moreso with a community-driven project like Struts.

That being said, I think there is value in getting what is there now taken
care of sooner rather than later.  Waiting will only result in more issues
showing up in the reports down the road, and that will tend, I think, to
dissuade anyone from resolving them.  It would be easier for these things
to never be addressed.  Let's face it, it's not what I would consider
glamorous work :)

That too being said, I don't mind volunteering as the "Checkstyle Police",
so to speak, ongoing, and try and get it all taken care of.  But the
sooner they can start being applied, the better.  I don't think this is
the type of stuff that would impact a 1.3 release either way, but I do
think getting as many of these issues resolved before a next release has
more value than waiting.  That's just my opinion.  I don't want to speak
for Don here, but his last comment on the ticket would seem to indicate he
may agree with this (hope I'm not reading *too* much into it Don :) ).

Frank